Wednesday 4 January 2017

My 1st Day to Work in 2017 How I Fumbled

The year may have started on the 1st of January, but officially 2017 started for me and for so many others yesterday (3rd January). You know what I mean right? The holiday is over and it is back to work for some. You know how many detest Mondays just because it cuts short all the rest and/or flexing from the weekend. How when you are just coming to terms with the weekend mood, all of a sudden, you just have to wake and go to work. You know that feeling right? Yeaaa...Lol.


First, I woke up late in the morning, even when I slept early the night before. I thought they said, early to be, early to rise; sweet talk, but not always true. I slept early and woke late. Yeekpa! That was how I went to work late . I can’t remember when last I went to work late, but it happened yesterday - first working day in 2017.
Going to work late yesterday humbled me. You need to have seen me at work. When I arrived, I greeted my colleagues as if I was owing them money and wasn’t ready to remit it because I didn’t have it. I made sure I didn’t get into any controversial issue with anybody so that my sins - coming late, would not be mentioned by any chance… Of course, I couldn’t have fooled everyone even though that was the motive for my funny actions all of a sudden (I am sure my boss noticed everything but decided not to say a thing about it). Those who did not know would just conclude that my being calm and humble was part of New Year resolution. This does not mean that I am the opposite ooo…lol.
Apart from waking late and my funny acts at the early hours of the day, it was a good day generally. How was your first working day of the year spent?

Some are still in the holiday mood i'm sure. Many are yet to return from their holiday travel… make una enjoy o. As for me, I am back to work. No more oversleep-sleep, so help me God. 
Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. Laughs... Kpele...thank God ur boss also made a resolution. U know wat i mean.. Smiles.. Welcome bk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean and thank God o...lol.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Laughs.. Kpele... Thank God ur boss also made a resolution.. U know wat i mean.. Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. longest time here!

    ReplyDelete