Friday 29 July 2016

AM I SELF CONFIDENT?

“I am the greatest”. This word was made very popular by Mohammed Ali who is acclaimed to be the greatest boxer of all time. He used that word when preparing for a world title bout is 1964. If you ever get to watch any of his videos and you listen to all he says, you may think he is going nuts, but you’ll get to realize that he is working on his morale – his self-confidence, by constantly psyching himself up.

What is it about self-confidence? Do you need self-confidence? For what?
Self-confidence as the name implies means having confidence in one's self i.e believing in yourself and your own abilities.
If you lack self-confidence, you will know somehow since it is about you. There is this feel of vacuum or emptiness that comes along with it. It could be associated with place, person, thing or maybe an action or inaction. You may want to hide it sometimes, but your body language, the way you talk and what you say, even you actions will very likely give you away.
Knowing that you have deficiency in your self-confidence should be the first step to overcoming the challenge. I call it a challenge because of the opportunities you must have lost just because you could not summon enough confidence to rise-up to the occasion.
Ones I told you in one of my old post how I needed to learn to chayke a girl. I realised that over the years past, I could not remember ever admiring a girl and confidently working up to her to... Many people always think its a big lie...hmmm! I am not sure I have particularly gained my self-confidence with ladies even now, but that's me. What’s your story?
We may lack self-confidence approaching people we admire, facing a crowd and looking into people's eyes while speaking with them. It could be a lack of confidence to start up that project you have conceived, or embark on a journey or even take that step that you have always wanted to.
Whatever the case maybe for you, you can always get better. You can always improve yourself confidence in those area’s where you lack it.

To be continued...

PS.: I am working on my self-confidence here on blogsville, I have been MIA for a while now... but in quest to comeback fully again, I did this post.



5 comments:

  1. Lol... Identifying your area of weakness could be a great start for you. Some people think they have a problem but they are unable to identify it. God has created us and endowed us with all the gifts aHe knows we need and went as far as sending us the Holy Spirit that we might be bold and courageous.we are all unique in our own ways, no one should ever make us feel less not even our fellow beings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... Identifying your area of weakness could be a great start for you. Some people think they have a problem but they are unable to identify it. God has created us and endowed us with all the gifts aHe knows we need and went as far as sending us the Holy Spirit that we might be bold and courageous.we are all unique in our own ways, no one should ever make us feel less not even our fellow beings.

    ReplyDelete